Emma’s Place Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Emma’s Place?
A. Emma’s Place is a Grief and Loss Center for Staten Island Children and Families. We are a 501c3 not-for-profit, non-denominational organization founded in July, 2013. We offer families year-round bereavement programs utilizing professional counselors, hospice staff, area professionals,
community physicians, trained facilitators and volunteers. We are located in Snug Harbor, Cottage Row, Cottage D.
- What does Emma’s Place do?
A. Emma’s Place provides grief support services, education, resources and social activities to the Staten Island community, and facilitates healing through:
• Grief and loss education
• Individual and group counseling
• Family, talk, and play therapies
• Creative expression; and special events
Emma’s Place provides the tools for bereaved individuals to move through the darkness of their pain and loss to the light of healing, hope and a meaningful life.
- What are some of the programs Emma’s Place Offers?
A. Emma’s Place offers:
• Children, Teen and Family Support Groups
• Counseling and Educational Support for Schools and Businesses
• Social Support Events
• Individual Counseling
Our counseling and support groups are confidential and offered in a private, safe setting. There is no fee for Emma’s Place support groups.
- How can I find out more information about Emma’s Place?
A. Telephone: 347.850.2322
Visit our Website: www.emmasplacesi.org
- How can I support Emma’s Place?
A. Emma’s Place is supported through donations, grants, memorials and bequests. We appreciate donations can be made through our website, www.emmasplacesi.org, or checks can be made out to Staten Island Grief Center and mailed to: Emma’s Place, P.O. Box 10311, Staten Island, New York 10301.