Dear Emma’s Place Community,
The safety, health, and well-being of our Emma’s Place community members is our highest priority. In an effort to help slow the Coronavirus pandemic, we are taking steps as an organization to minimize the risk of transmission between the grieving families we serve, our dedicated volunteers, and our staff. We made the decision to begin holding our bereavement groups virtually using Zoom – NOW bi-weekly, on 1st & 3rd Tuesdays and in-person at our cozy cottage on 2nd & 4th Tuesdays. Please read more below.
Virtual Bereavement Groups:
1st & 3rd Tuesdays: are Virtual Zoom Tuesdays!
2nd & 4th Tuesdays, we are back at our cozy cottage! Depending on the weather, groups will meet outside or inside with masks and social distancing.
Tuesdays at 5:30PM
Children – Ages 6-10
TWEENS Group Ages 11-14
TEENS Group 15-17
Parent Bereavement Support Group
Adults: Bi-weekly – 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 5:30pm at our cottage!
- Support Groups facilitated by grief professionals
- Creative outlets with art and activities
- No cost to participate
We have found the following steps helpful in getting to know your needs and concerns.
1. A parent or guardian calls 347-850-2322, and a staff member takes basic information about your family and the person who died. You will be filling out a brief family application. All questions about Emma’s Place can be answered at that time. If you need advice about grieving children or teens, our Program Director will contact you.
2. You and your family are welcome to tour the Center upon request, to be introduced to the staff and program, to discuss the requirements for participation and to ask questions.
3. After the orientation your family will discuss participating. If interested, you complete and return the appropriate additional forms.
4. When we receive your completed application forms, we will call you regarding openings. You and your child/teen will be invited to the appropriate group meeting.
Please call for more information, registration and for any changes 347.850.2322